In Our Backyard
Human Trafficking in America and What You Can Do To Stop It
A couple of days ago I picked up the phone to the voice of an excited HoustonYellow Cab Manager telling us his drivers are still using the booklets we gave them to find missing children and victims of human trafficking.
Our booklets from Super Bowl in February have resulted in not only awareness among the 1400 Yellow Cab drivers in Houston, but those drivers have reported potential human trafficking situations to authorities!
This story is one of many a ripple effects from our work surrounding Super Bowl and a reminder that linking arms with you and others across the nation is working! We are inspired by your partnership and our team has even more exciting things planned in the next several months. With gratitude, we share some of those opportunities!
- Convenience Stores Against Trafficking (CSAT)- has launched and Juliana our new Program Manager is engaging convenience stores across America to end this atrocity. For more information contact Juliana@inourbackyard.org
- Freedom Stickers are now being used in 17 States! Not only are they providing freedom for many, any small group can distribute these as an anti-trafficking project. If you would like to do this in your community contact email@example.com
- Freedom Stickers bring a message of hope and rescues are happening!
- If you spot a Freedom Sticker please take a picture and post it to our Facebook page or email it to: info@InOurBackyard.org
- Slave Proof Schools, Middle and High School human trafficking awareness training has begun in Central Oregon at the request of our school districts. We are excited about this opportunity because increasing awareness among students decreases the likelihood of them becoming victims.
- 1 to 10 Training mobilizes human trafficking awareness that will be presented in homes, offices, club meetings, faith based classes and other smaller venues. We are close to launching this program. MORE to come soon!
- Education through public speaking continues as Nita responds to requests for training, with law enforcement, legislators, faith based groups and others who want to put an end to the suffering caused by human trafficking.
We are grateful that you choose to link arms with us in the fight against human trafficking,
Our Hero In The Fight this month is Captain Lisa Barnes of the Seattle’s Salvation Army.
What & Who is BRAVE?
Every person who fights for the freedom of others is brave, every person who courageously faces every day after being a victim is brave, and every person who refuses to be silent about what is happening all around us is brave.
- A catalytic event for conversation and connection
- To remind a demographic that they are worth celebrating
- For girls 12 to 18 years old who are in FOSTER CARE
- It is a preventative event to remind these girls that they are valuable, lovable and to dream big dreams
We know that children in Foster Care are especially vulnerable to human trafficking. We are delighted that Lisa is a hero in this fight. She cares and brings hope, self-esteem and the ability to dream big dreams. For the full story on BRAVE read more here.
To contact Lisa about housing a BRAVE event in your community send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
DO YOU KNOW A “HERO IN THE FIGHT” THAT YOU WOULD LIKE US TO FEATURE?
If so send us an email at info@InOurBackyard.org. If your hero is selected, we will send you a free copy of In Our Backyard: Human Trafficking in America and What We Can Do To Stop It.
Please feel free to hit “reply” and I will be pleased to reply to your email quickly. If you would rather not receive this email, you may unsubscribe at the bottom of the page. Also, please feel free to forward this email to others.
In partnership with you to end this atrocity,
In Our Backyard
Nita welcomes the opportunity to speak at events, churches, training sessions for law enforcement, legislative hearings and other governmental events.
In the next few months Nita will be speaking:
- Training at all Redmond Oregon Middle and High School Students
- New York City
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Dearborn, Michigan
- Green Lake Wisconsin
If Nita is scheduled to be in your area and you would like to add her to your events or schedule her for an upcoming event in your area, please reply to this email.
National Human Trafficking Resource Center Hotline